WHO WE ARE
Shield makes the world safer and healthier through the science of data analytics and information sharing.
Our innovative integrated solutions answer the most complex challenges and problems.
Catalysts for positive change
The company has extensive military, legislative and biodefense expertise. Shield founder and President, Denise N. Baken, has a PhD in Biodefense and is a retired Colonel with over 28 years of service. Her assignments required her to coordinate and integrate protection plans, programs and proposals of Department of Defense agencies; act as Chief of Staff for the Special Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense for Chemical and Biological Protection; provide recommendations on policy improvements and new program developments; and serve as legislative liaison to the Deputy Secretary of Defense on chemical and biological protection matters.
- Intelligence Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Engineering and Technology (STEM)
- Design intelligence collection systems
- Employ interdisciplinary approach to data analytic
- Develop agent-based models
- Create simulation models
- Construct insightful social network analysis
Shield Staff Project Experience:
- Established intelligence collection support systems
- Established management procedures for developing medical response
- Designed zoonotic surveillance field assessment network to respond to monitoring need to respond to emerging issues